Monday, October 16, 2017

Foggy Mornings

We've been having some deliciously foggy mornings lately.  [I love October!]  I've been painting some of them. 

Here's an old trailer up the way, where the gravel road disappears into the fog.  I'm not sure if this one is done yet. 

In the meantime, October is when I get busy planting bulbs for next spring.   I've got packs of garlic for the veg garden, and packs of daffs, crocus, etc. for the beds in front of the studio.   They'll be so pretty in the spring!

Thursday, October 12, 2017

What If...

What if this road led you to your best life?

Would you be willing to take the journey?

Beginning one year from today.

Saturday, October 7, 2017


I 'accidentally' ordered a bunch of watercolor notecards in the very wide size.  When I got them, I was at first disappointed, but quickly realized it was a good excuse to work in a new format.  I like the tree [above] and will probably be doing more like that.

There's this one, too. Flowers make me happy, so I've been working with very impressionistic poppies, cosmos, coneflowers and black eyed susans on these cards as well.

More pics coming.

[Just got a new lens for the camera!]

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Feeling the Blues

The weather has been good for dyeing this week and I thought I'd take advantage and do a few more colors before it gets too cold to dye well.

I have lots of blues on the list this week.  This is the first - Night Sky.  Deep dark blues, navy, brooding purples.   This afternoon I'm doing Blue Peacock and then Wednesday, it's Aurora.

Given all the crazy events of this past few weeks and days, I wasn't surprised to realize I was feeling the blues.   My heart goes out to all affected by the recent tragedies.  You are loved.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

So I've been thinking about classes...

Jean Haines has written a terrific book called 'Paint Yourself Calm'.   I've been doing a lot of the activities and I can't say enough good things about it.

Her focus is on using watercolor painting as a type of meditation, if you will, to lift your spirits, center you in the moment, help you exercise mindfulness, etc.

As I was thinking of all I have learned from the book, I really started to want to share it in a way that is collaborative, so that the members of a group can support each other in shifting the focus of an art activity from 'I must make something gorgeous or I'm a failure.' to 'Oh!  Look at what the paint did there!'

So I'm planning a class called 'Watercolor for Relaxation'.   Here's a description.  Please let me know if you'd be interested in a class like this:

Class:  Watercolor for Relaxation

So often we sit down to creative work with the heavy expectation of creating a masterpiece...or at least something that will bring compliments from viewers.  The purpose of this class is to let go of the expectation of creating something perfect and finished and replace it with the calm of simply observing what the paint and water do together.   No expectations, just fun.  

We will play with color, learn how different pigments react with water, experiment with salt and plastic wrap effects, play with abstract compositions and a few other surprises.  

This class is appropriate for all levels of skill, including people who have never touched watercolor before.  [It will probably be hardest for people who are used to trying to paint 'something' instead of just playing].  

Cost:  $60.   Materials included [though you may bring your own things if that is more comfortable.]
Dates:  TBA
Time:  1:30-4:30pm [May go longer if you're having fun]
Location:  Robin's Studio.  6877 E Bland Rd. Solsberry, Indiana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...