Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Mower Fairy

The mower fairy brought me a tractor! 

The tractor has a bucket on the front for lifting and hauling large loads of stone, or gravel, or sand,  or earth, or bales of straw, or maybe even pushing over a small building [whoo-hoo!]. 

The tractor also came with a bush hog and a finish mower.   We're considering trading them in for a flail mower like this one.   Thanks to my friend, Faith, for telling us about these.  I'd never heard of one before, but this is exactly what we need.

Now all we need to do is learn how to drive the tractor.   And then convince the barn fairies to clean out a space big enough to put it.

Also, I'm going to make contact with the equipment shed fairies because it would be really nice to have one of those [equipment sheds, I mean], too.

In the meantime, I'm going to mark off large sections of blackberry brambles to mow down so we can start cultivating some of the wild blackberries around here.

Which begs the question: If we cultivate the wild blackberries [i.e. flail them into submission] are they still considered wild?   Inquiring minds want to know.




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...