Monday, September 30, 2013

Potato Tower Experiment Finished

We did the potato towers again this year and instead of putting wood all the way up the sides like last year, we used chicken wire, so the plants could grow through the sides at will and get a lot more sunshine, etc.

We still had a very poor harvest.  Only a couple of gallons of little bitty potatoes.   It could have been the cooler summer, but we're a bit tired of this experiment. 

We're going back to the regular raised beds.  It's easier to plant and harvest from regular raised beds and all of the plants get plenty of sun and water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...