Monday, October 7, 2013
Cleaning out the Concrete Forms
Last fall we dug out the foundation and poured new footers.
This spring we put in drainage.
We spent the summer putting forms up for the new foundation. Nelly spent a lot of time napping all over them.
Then we scheduled the pour and had to do the last minute clean up of leaves and debris that had gotten into the forms.
I heart Menard's.
Eric used the blow setting to get everything loose and in a pile in the bottom of the form, then he switched to the vac setting to suck it all out. He went around twice to get as much out as possible.
Genius! Worked brilliantly.
Next up: The foundation pour! Where actual concrete is involved.