Thursday, May 1, 2014

Garden Yields

Those are last year's squash blossoms in the pic.   I love squash blossoms.
 
While I was researching yesterday's post on How much should I plant to feed my family, I found a couple of great related links that list estimates for how much yield you can expect from your garden.




  • This is a great post from From Scratch Magazine on How Much I Need to Plant to Feed My Family. There is a downloadable pdf chart.  Read the whole piece and note that these are fresh food estimates.  She multiplies by 5 to cover both fresh eating and preservation amounts.   The chart includes estimates of how much seed you need, estimated yield per 100 ft row and an average amount suggested per person.  It's geared toward big time gardens.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...