Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, everyone!    Thanks for hanging out at my blog and for commenting on my fb posts, etc.   I love talking to you and hearing what you've been up to.

As many of you know, I do not do New Year's Resolutions.   I never, ever wait until January to set a goal or start something new....except a calendar.

Over the past few years, I've spent a lot of time looking for a calendar/planner that would meet my needs.

And the truth is, I've been a bit jealous of my sister, who is a Planner Genius.  Art Journals.  Hers are so beautiful.   And organized.  And beautiful.   And colorful.  And creative.   And beautiful.  

Mine....not so much.   And mine end up mostly un-used.

After some false starts over the years, I finally figured out this year that what I need is NOT a daily/weekly calendar.  

I think in big pictures.  Daily/weekly was keeping me bogged down in too many little details.   I need a yearly/monthly calendar and places to keep notes on the things I'm focusing on right now.  That helps me integrate the big pictures of the things I'm working on right now.
 
SO - I got this Avery Mini binder with the calendar insert, gave the weekly/daily stuff away and added a ton of extra dividers and note paper.

I. Love. It.

It has places to tuck notes/lists, etc.   It has a divider for every major thing I'm working on and mini sections [demarcated by those little post-its] so I can see those thing at a glance.  

I use post-its for reminders.  I color coded some things so I can find them easily on the monthly calendars.   I use the year-at-a-glance to keep track of big things like marketing cycles, annually repeating business projects, deadlines, etc.   I use the notes sections for all the research and notes I take for business, before deciding on products, tools, etc.

2017 is going to be a big year for me.   I feel better prepared already....




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...