Thursday, October 19, 2017

October Ramblings




I don't have anything important to share with you today, but I wanted you to know I was thinking about you and that I really appreciate that you spend a bit of your precious time with me. I thought I'd share a photo of October here in Indiana.  I hope it brings a little calm in your day.

This is our road right at the property line. [We have 40 acres]   Our house is around the curve and down a little hill.  I love this view.  In every season, at every time of day, it feels like there are all sorts of wonderful possibilities just around the corner.    And there are!

It's turned chilly here.   Eric got up early to light the first fire of the season in our wood stove and soon after our little hollow filled up with a soft fog where the smoke gathered.  I love the smell of wood smoke on chilly mornings. 

October is my favorite month - I think because it's so joyful in the transition from summer exuberance to winter hibernation.  Plus, the trees match the yellow stripes in the road and who doesn't love that?   

Lily and I saw the blue-est sky we had ever seen here the other day.   Deep dark cobalt blue.   I hope you get to see a sky like that sometime soon.   It was magnificent. 

That's all, my beautiful friends!   I'm sending you a little extra peace today. I'd love to know how you use it.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...