Friday, November 24, 2017

October Maple

© Robin Edmundson, 'October Maple', watercolor, 18 x 24 inches.  

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!  I'm doing my best to eat as much pie as possible.

There's always that one maple in the neighborhood that puts on a show every year.  I love that red that shows up on the south side.   I'm always grateful for how beautiful things are in the fall here.  I've been painting a few of these October scenes to help keep that wonderful color here as long as I can before I switch to the winter palette.

The birds are moving through these days.   Flocks of cranes overhead, flocks of cedar waxwings, starlings, crows and others filling up the trees and gleaning in the fields.   It's an active time of year before things get really cold and quiet.

I think I'm going to start another of these colorful ones today.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...