Thursday, March 8, 2018

Shed & Redbud

© Robin Edmundson 'Shed, Redbud & Chickens', watercolor, 10 x 14 inches.  $375, framed.


One of the great things about being an artist is that we get to - [we are encouraged to!] - change reality so we get a better painting.  I love doing the same scene in different ways.   

You saw the first version of this in the previous post.  I decided to put a redbud in behind the shed because redbuds are *everywhere* out here.  They mean spring is in full swing.

A little secret about my chickens.  I come from a family with a lot of girls.  6 chickens is me, my sisters and my mom.  5 chickens is me and my sisters.  3 chickens is me and my daughters.  Whenever you see chickens in my artwork, you know I've put my family in there.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...