Sunday, August 26, 2018

Ease



Since February, I've been getting daily posts on 'A Year to Clear What's Holding You Back' from Daily Om.   It's a slow drip of ideas on what it takes to clear my life of the crap I hold.   I've loved it.  I've learned a lot.  I've talked to some wonderful people in the online group.

A few weeks ago, the topic was, 'Ease'.  It was such a big idea for me that I spent three weeks on it instead of one.

One of the toughest things I've had to face this year is my assumption that things have to be hard.  I tell myself, 'Things have to be hard.  I have to work hard.  Life is work.  If I were perfect, then things might be easier, but I'm not, so get back to work.'

I like work, so it's not all bad, but I have been very troubled that things are so hard.  I work work work and things still don't work out.  I've been exhausted and burnt out and completely depleted.

I wonder in what ways I'm making more work for myself.  I'm looking at where I can simplify, focus, condense, get help, tolerate imperfection, etc.   I'm wondering what things/business activities/relationships/etc. I can let go of to free up some time for....

...more work.  Clearly, I need to think about this more.

I understand that I like doing hard things so I can prove that I'm not a slacker, that I'm worth something, that I matter.  I'm wearing myself out trying to earn respect.   The problem is that I don't respect myself.  I'm trying to change that.  More positive self talk.  More self care.  Baby steps.

If the work were done, I'd spend more time plein air painting, bird watching, going on day trips, taking classes, having tea with my girls, hosting women's circles, walking, having quiet lunches with friends, making potpourri.

This issue is far from resolved for me, so in the meantime, whenever I can, I choose Ease.

How are you with choosing Ease?



What would it do for your spirit to spend an entire weekend with other supportive and loving women being inspired, igniting your creative passion, embracing your power, and opening your heart to live your best life? Please come to our weekend retreat so we can get you started on your way to living your best life now. Registration closes August 31.

I'd like to invite you to join our Best Self facebook group where we can talk freely about becoming our best selves - and all the messy work that entails.  In addition, I have another group, The Well Balanced Artist, for creatives of all kinds and in all stages of their creative lives, who are trying to balance their art, business and personal lives.   




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...