Friday, July 31, 2020

Queen Anne's Lace - Variations on a Theme


© Robin Edmundson, 'Queen Anne's Lace -791', watercolor, 8x10 inches.  
$280, framed.


I have a strong propensity for tweaking.   The more I tweak the darker things get.  In this first piece, I tried to reign in that tendency and put in as little background as possible. 


© Robin Edmundson, 'Queen Anne's Lace -792', watercolor, 8x10 inches.  
$280, framed.


In this second version, I let myself get as dark as I wanted.   I figure this is the best way to figure out what I like best.  Do the two and then put them side by side and think about it. 

The truth is that I like both.  I like the stronger edges of the second one, but I like the delicacy of the first one.    Which means I'll continue to work in a series where I can practice both approaches.   

Double the fun!

Which do you prefer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...