So, you know we had our share of problems with the flower lang hive.
Drama, drama, drama.
At our last inspection, things looked good in that hive - good laying pattern, calm bees.
And then we put the top box on the bottom box and the bees started roaring.
Roaring is not good.
I feared we killed the queen. And a couple of days after that, I read Linda's blog, where the same thing happened to her and indeed the queen was dead when next she looked.
So I decided not to panic. [You guys from Beemaster will be so proud of me.]
And we did nothing. [When in doubt - do NOTHING]
And we waited two weeks for another inspection figuring that if she were really gone, then the bees would make a new one and we'd see ripe queen cells when next we checked.
And when we checked, we found this.
Beautiful brood comb. Lots of larvae.
I'm so relieved!
These guys have started taking more syrup and I'm hoping that they'll have a good boom now just before the goldenrod blooms.
We have acres and acres of goldenrod and bees love it, so we might actually get a super of honey this year. Fingers crossed.