This is what I can definitely say about winter squash. They love the bees and they love a lot of chicken dirt. This is the best year for winter squash that I've ever had.
Here's what I grew:
- The three screaming orange ones are Golden Hubbard
- Two tall on the far right and one tall on the far left are Greek Sweet Red
- Three skinny beige in the back and one on its side in the front are volunteer butternut.
- The big fluted blue grey thing on the left is a Queensland Blue. I only got the one.
- The shorter greenish warty pumpkiny things at the back are volunteers.
- The two yellow pumpkins at the right are supposed to be Omaha pumpkins, but that's not what they looked like last year.
- The tiny white pumpkins are volunteers
- The single white pumpkin in front is a volunteer. Very susceptible to rot. That's the only one that didn't succumb.