Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Winter Squash Roundup 2013: Part 2

Pretty!    Notice the big ones in the back?   Those are Musquee de Provence.  

Because French pumpkins are somehow more....je nes cest pas quoi.   Which means I don't know what.  No. Really.   That's what it means.   "I don't know what".   And which is probably spelled wrong.   Because French is not one of my languages. 



So I should probably leave that alone and just focus on my lovely squash. 

Here's the Musquee de Provence up close. Notice that they're bigger and orange-r than the Black Futsu in the middle up there.
I got three of them.   I love them.

What I didn't get was any from the Rouge Vif D'Etampes pumpkins that I planted.   And that's really sad because I really wanted red pumpkins this year.   That's what 'rouge' means.  Red.

I have no idea what the rest means and I guess it doesn't really matter, because I didn't get any anyway.   Maybe next year.  



This is a Queensland Blue.   I like these squash and so do the squash bugs  We only got one of these before the squash bugs and the borers got them.    I'll keep trying though.  That blue really makes me happy. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...