Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Chocolate Cherry Jam

There's something about Valentine's Day that just screams chocolate to me. 

CHOCOLATE!!

Last year I made three chocolate jams using chocolate bars, chocolate chips and cocoa powder as I was making the jam to begin with.  [btw:  chocolate chips are the easiest way to put chocolate in your jam.]

This year I wanted to try chocolate cherry, because it sounded good.  [So, I saved a jar of my cherry jam from last year just for this very reason and I had to defend that jar all year long from nameless people who live here with threats of  No Jam At All Ever Again if anyone touched my last jar of cherry jam.  It worked.]

I especially wanted to see if I could take a jar of jam already made and turn it into chocolate jam pretty easily.   

Yep.   I could. 

And I'm telling you, this stuff on bread is To. Die. For.   It's the bread and chocolate thing on a whole 'nother level.     Drumroll, please.....

Chocolate Cherry Jam
www.rurification.com

1 jar cherry jam [8-12 oz, whatever]
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Put the jam in a bowl with the chocolate chips.  Microwave for 1 minute.   Stir until smooth.

The End.

Really.   That's it.  

I know!

I know!

Why didn't I think of this sooner??

Don't stress out about the exact size of jar.   If there's more or less jam or chocolate, no one will care. 

You could do this with orange marmalade.   Raspberry jam.   Pear ginger jam.   Strawberry jam.  

You guys!!   Breakfast.  Valentine's Day. 

If you want the recipes for the jams I made last year, here ya go:

Chocolate Pear Ginger Jam
Chocolate Orange Jam
Chocolate Raspberry Jam


Want the recipe for this Chocolate Jam and a whole lot of other terrific jam recipes?   Check out my ebook:  A Simple Jar of Jam  at www.rurification.etsy.com.   You can preview the book by clicking the link on the sidebar.  Every purchase helps support this site.  Thank you!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...