Friday, January 6, 2017

Geese Flying

© Robin Edmundson, 'Geese flying', watercolor on paper, 9 x 12 inches
It's true that Indiana's winter colors aren't much to get excited about, but they sure are moody.

The other day I was travelling north near the White and Eel rivers and I was lucky enough to see thousands of geese going further south.

I love seeing the birds fly and I love seeing them in number even more.   My timing was almost perfect for their morning push south toward Goose Pond in Greene County, Indiana.

Goose Pond is a huge staging area for the Midwest flyways. It's one of my favorite places.

From the car, I could see dozens of groups of birds flying in loose formations all over the sky.   It was lovely against the blue and beige clouds with the blue and beige fields. The air was so misty that everything at any distance was indistinct except all those birds.   I couldn't wait to get it on paper.

Deets:
9 x 12 inches
Arches 140 cp paper
Colors:  Ochre, indigo, bt sienna, bt umber, raw umber

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...