Sunday, February 26, 2017

Winter Wheat Fields

© Robin Edmundson, 'Winter Wheat Field', watercolor on paper, 9 x 13 inches

In preparation for some classes I'm teaching this year, I've been reading a lot of new things on color and painting.  A quote about 'degenerate art' popped up a few times during my reading.  It struck a chord and I've been doing some degenerate art of my own.   [I'm in good company - it included all of the cubists, the expressionists and impressionists among others.]

In addition to the sheer joy of doing wild and crazy things with color, I've used this as an excuse to try painting using specific color harmonies.  

This piece was painted with only 4 colors:  aureolin, diox violet, cobalt and burnt sienna.  It's a perfect rectangle color harmony and was really fun to work on.   I'll be doing more with this idea.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...