Sunday, August 6, 2017

Opening Night Party Report

My exhibit, 'This is my Indiana' started off with a wonderful opening night party on August 4th.   The opening coincided with the local First Friday Gallery Walk that happens every month.   We had a nice large crowd during the evening.  It was awesome!  

I owe a huge thank you to everyone who helped out at the opening:  Sally, John, Jen, Mary Beth, Eric, Claire, Lily, Sharon, Amy, Kimb. Juliann and others who stepped in to lend a hand when necessary.   Best friends and family ever.

I also want to thank the many people who stopped in to say hello and look at the art.  Artists can't continue to make art unless people  make an effort to come see it and to purchase it.  In addition, it is great to get feedback.  It's great to see how people felt about the pieces and the collection and the space.   I have many new friends who stopped in as part of the gallery walk.

Let's just start with the food, shall we?   John and Jen from the gallery provided savory snacks [the pork was fantastic!] and my friend Sally provided five different desserts, all of which disappeared during the party.  It was fabulous!


I invited pretty much everyone that I know to the party and many were able to come.  It's so much fun spending the night talking to your friends.   I had a couple of surprise visitors, too!   My sister drove down from Michigan to surprise me and my friends John and Joan came all the way from West Virginia to surprise me, too!    I have the best friends and family ever.

Here I am chatting with John and Teresa about one of the pieces.  [That's me in the purple vest.]






This area of the gallery looked so bright and cheery.   Another friend sent those gorgeous flowers on the table as a surprise.  They were the perfect colors to go with the tree studies on that wall.



Nothing makes me happier than to see people actively engaged in looking at the art.   It was interesting to see who gravitated toward which pieces.




The larger piece here, 'The mailman always brings treats', got a lot of attention and was the first piece to sell.





As the evening progressed, the place got busier and busier.   This was early on.   At one point there were more than fifty people in this area.  





People were very happy that I had brought prints and notecards featuring my art as well.    It was great seeing people carrying the prints around with them.




I think my favorite times of the night were when I saw parents looking at the art with their kids.  This dad spent a lot of time with two of his daughters looking at the pieces.

All in all, it was a very successful night and we had a terrific time! Thanks to all of you for your support!

Here are the details for the rest of the exhibit if you'd like to go see it.

Robin Edmundson:  This is my Indiana
August 4 - September 29, 2017

The Vault at Gallery Mortgage
121 E 6th St.   Bloomington, Indiana
Hours:  Monday - Friday,  9:00 am - 5:00 pm

There will be another First Friday Gallery Walk with light refreshments from 5-8pm on September 1st.   The show comes down on September 29th.    Please let me know if you have questions or are interested in a piece that you don't see on the walls.   We'll make it happen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...