Lately, we've been eating it in squash fritters. Cooked in a little bacon grease. Here's the recipe:
- 3 cups grated summer squash
- 1 medium onion, diced, sauteed until transparent
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups flour, depending on how sticky you want them.
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 egg
Here's a great sauce to go with them:
Cream Cheese, Pepper and Bacon Sauce for Fritters
- 6 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 red sweet pepper, minced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons of milk to get it to the consistency you want.