Saturday, August 18, 2012

Double Lemonade Jelly



Sometimes, I like a citrus jelly that isn't quite as over the top as marmalade.  

Don't get me wrong, I love marmalade.   I really love marmalade.   But marmalade is a bit labor intensive. 

Plus, it's hot out.  

Plus, I'm busy.  

Plus, lemonade sounds good. 

Plus I have that lemon verbena simple syrup that I can use in jelly.  

Plus, I have my cute little zester and a couple of lemons hanging around. 

What to do, what to do, what to do....

Double Lemonade Jelly.  

It's lighter, brighter and easier than marmalade,  but just as fun.

Plus, it has those cute little confetti strips of zest in it and I love those!

Double Lemonade Jelly
  • 2 cups cold water
  • zest and juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/3 cup [rounded] Dutch Jell All Natural Lite pectin
  • 1 cup lemon verbena simple syrup
Dissolve the pectin in the cold water in a pot with the lemon juice and zest.  Bring to a boil.  Stir constantly and bring to a full rolling boil that you can't stir down.  Boil hard for 1 minute.  Add the simple syrup.  Bring back to a full rolling boil and boil for one minute.  Ladle into clean dry jars.  Process for canning.   Makes 1 1/2 - 2 pints. 

Notes:  Invest in a zester that you like.   They're not very expensive and they'll save you oodles of time and aggravation.  

You can use more sugar in this recipe if you like.  Try adding 1 cup of white sugar to the recipe if you want it sweeter.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...