Monday, March 14, 2011

Life...and otherwise

I didn't post about how we weathered the ice storm last month because quite honestly I was a highly functioning anxious wreck during the whole thing.   And I hated admitting that to you.  But there it is.   The stuff going on in Japan reinforced all that anxiety about how frail life is and how no matter how OCD I am about preparing for the worst - and believe me, I really prepare - sometimes earthquakes happen, tsunamis sweep your town and family away, children die.   

I hate it. 

Unfortunately my hating it didn't make it go away. 

Damn.

So I went to the studio and tackled a custom dye job that I'd been fretting over.  Focus helps me not worry.   To reward myself for finishing that job, and staying away from Japan on the internet,  I took some pictures of the dyeing. 

It's all irrelevant in the eternal scheme of things.   I know that.   But it made me feel better yesterday.

Here's my favorite photo from the day.

My favorite part of dyeing is the jars at the end of the day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...