Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Scented Room


  The Scented Room, by Barbara Milo Ohrbach is a great book and one I highly recommend.


It's a book about drying flowers, making both dry and moist potpourri, sachets, pomanders, lavender bottles, gardening, style, etc.    Though it was published in 1986, it doesn't come off as dated.   The content and photos are classic in style - and timeless in presentation.

I love this book.     Every time I open it, I find something else I want to try.    The projects are varied and interesting.   The directions complete and easy to follow.     All you have to do is find the ingredients and get started.

It's out of print now, but there are still copies available online and they're not expensive.  Go to the link above to find a copy from Amazon.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...