Thursday, December 12, 2013

Lemon Fruit and Flowers


One of the things I love about our meyer lemon tree is that it can have fruit in all stages and flowers going at the same time. 

Gorgeous!



We have 6 ripe fruit on it right now [the bungees are to keep the branches upright until we take the fruit off.

The fruit will stay fresher a lot longer if we just leave it on the tree.   It's ripe when it's canary yellow.   They're almost ready....



The flowers smell sooooo good. 

I hand pollinate with a little paint brush every morning when I go out to the studio.




I've got three more green lemons fattening up and the tree is loaded with new buds and flowers.   I'm hoping to get a bunch more fruit next year, too. 

Last year we made these lovely puddings with the fruit.   Eric wants me to make them again this year....and we'll have enough lemons to do something else fun, too.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...