Monday, May 5, 2014

Bluebells by the Bridge

It's bluebell time.   I find them enchanting. 

Enchanting, I tell you. 

Magical.

Ethereal.

Otherworldly.

A. May. Zing.   Heavy on the zing. 


We've got a bunch planted by our creek and I love this batch by our bridge.  

Notice the repairs at either end of the bridge - Lily and I built that when she was 5 years old.  She pounded every single nail by herself.   It's lasted beautifully all these years, but the ends got a bit mushy from being in contact with damp ground.   The girls replaced seven of the boards last weekend and I expect we'll get another 13 years out of it. 



While they were pounding, I was on the other side of the creek looking for more bluebells.

Because they're enchanting.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...