Monday, October 31, 2016

I Hate to See October Go

© 2016 Robin Edmundson, I Hate to See October Go, watercolor, 9 x 12 inches

100 years ago, in 1984, Barry Manilow sang a song with that line as the chorus.  That line has been stuck in my head all these years.  Every fall I think of it as Warm Fall moves into Cold Fall.   I have been deep in that season as I painted this piece.  I tried to fill it full of that late fall glow, after the leaves are down but the grass is still green.  Before the snow flies here.

The painting is about 9x12.  140 lb cp paper - Arches.

This one is for sale SOLD.   $150. Signed front and back.   Framed with a white mat, conservation quality [That's the good kind]. Simple black frame, like the one I used for the painting in the museum.  Framed size: 16x20.   Email me if you're interested: robin at morenna dot com.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...