Sunday, January 22, 2017

Waiting for Spring

A couple of weeks ago, Eric and I took a drive to take some pics of the farms around here.  It's a good time of year because the snow lit everything up and the leaves are all down, so I can get pics of stuff that might be hidden the rest of the year.

I was targeting white houses and farm buildings.   On a road we hadn't driven before, I found a farm with all these silos and tanks out front.   I loved all the round shapes and it was the first painting I did with the new reference photos.

It felt great to paint this limited palette scene after working so hard on the Mardi Gras painting.

As always, I started with a rough draft to get shapes lines and colors.   This was my second attempt.   I called it good enough.   Next I want to do a close up of the tanks in front.   In some new colors.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...