Saturday, May 27, 2017

Color Experiments: Anatomy of a Series, Part 2


Check out my last post for full details on how this series started. 


The last draft of this painting was this one.

© Robin Edmundson, 'Solsberry Pond #2', watercolor, 10 x 14 inches, unframed.

The next step was to paint the landscape again using the colors from this yarn:  


I used a lot of French ultramarine blue and dioxazene violet.   I love those colors!

© Robin Edmundson, 'Solsberry Pond #3', watercolor, 10 x 14 inches, unframed. 

There are a lot of things I like about this painting, but I wanted to try one more time to see what would happen if I softened the darks a bit, added more orange and tried out a couple of other different things.  

© Robin Edmundson, 'Solsberry Pond #4', watercolor, 10 x 14 inches, unframed.


Of the four, which one do you like best?  

I will be doing more work like this.  It was a lot of fun to tweak a landscape to the colors I've been dyeing with for the last 20 years.  

This series will be on display and for sale at The Vault at Gallery Mortgage from August 4 - September 29, 2017.  Bloomington, Indiana. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...