Sunday, May 14, 2017

Griffy Lake Plein Air

Griffy Lake, May.  ©Robin Edmundson, Watercolor on paper, 10 x 14 inches.
$350.  Framed 16 x 20 inches.


I have joined the local Plein Air group and have been excited to find that I enjoy plein air painting very much.   I painted this one at Griffy Lake in Bloomington last week to the accompaniment of bird song, soft rain [for just 5 minutes] and the chatter of 150 4th graders.

Let me just tell you that 4th graders are a huge ego-boost.   Every time a group would go by, someone would call out, 'Wow.  You're a really good artist!'.    So sweet!   Let's just hope they grow up to be art buyers as well as art appreciators.

At any rate, I'm trying to really reach for new color possibilities and I liked the way these purple trees turned out.   I'm excited to do more plein air painting with this terrific group.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...