Tuesday, November 14, 2017

16 Marketing Strategies for Artists

© Robin Edmundson, 'Colorado - Blue Tree and Brush', watercolor, 5x7 inches.


I spent last week in Colorado at a business conference for artists.  I painted some small pieces while I was there.  This is one of them.  I'm kind of in love with that blue.

The conference was amazing.  One of the sessions was about marketing strategies.   Here's a quick rundown.

16 Marketing Strategies for Artists:  Art Biz Coach - Alyson B. Stanfield
[From Art Biz Breakthrough, November 2017]

1.  Sharing:  Share everything, share everywhere [social media]
2.  Planning:  Events, etc.  Everything you do to make and show your art. Then SHARE it.
3.  Networking:  Meet people.  All the people.  Make friends.  Be genuine, not with a hidden agenda.
4.  Build your list:  ask in person, website footers and popups.
5.  Send emails to your list:  At least once a month.  Love your followers.
6.  Send postcards of your art.
7.  Whispering:  one on one conversations with people on your list about what is important to THEM.
8.  Exhibit:  Show your work.  Put. It. Up.
9.  Collaborate with other artists.
10. Write about your work.
11. Speak about your work.
12. Teach
13. Make videos
14. Test your strategies to see what works and what doesn't
15.  Track your strategies.  Do the numbers.   Do more of what works.
16.  Systematize things so it's easier and faster to do it again. 


My favorite and the one I've been using this year is #1.  That got me #4, #5, #6 and #8.  Next year I'm working on more of #2 and #3.

If you have questions, shoot me an email or a comment and we can talk about it. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...