Thursday, November 29, 2018

Holding on to Summer


© Robin Edmundson, watercolor wildflower collection.
Each is 5 x 7 inches, framed to 8 x 10 inches.  $95 each.


I've been working on a few small pieces to bring the Unitarian Holiday Art Fair this weekend and found my mind back in late summer, walking the roadsides, appreciating the wildflowers around here.

I painted more chicory [L], echinacea [C] SOLD, and goldenrod [R].  I've got some daisies on the easel to finish later and can already feel the pull to do more of these.

Doing these small florals is teaching me to practice, to listen to the paint, to play, to try again, to work in short bursts where I can come and go without bullying the piece.   It feels nice.

If you're around the Unitarian Church [Fee Lane at the 46 Bypass] tomorrow or Saturday,  please stop in and say hello.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...