Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Bowtie Quilt



My last quilt of the season is done.  I've been wanting to do a bow-tie quilt for many years and decided to just jump right in.  I pulled out my sunny, happy scraps in a large variety of patterns.  The backgrounds of the bowties are various muslins and beiges from my stash.  As always, I didn't worry about straight lines, perfect corners or matching things perfectly.  At the last minute I decided to add the yellow border and I'm glad I did. 

The backing is unbleached muslin.  Light cotton batt. I quilted with heavy yellow thread. Final size is about 80 x 55.



This one is a family favorite already and I've had a request to make one with cherry motifs next year.  [I've already got a stack of fabric waiting]. 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...