Friday, May 1, 2020

Elephant

©Robin Edmundson, 'Elephant', watercolor, 10 x 8 inches

I was going through a big stack of reference photos and found this one.   The expression on her face stopped me and I just looked at her for a while.

Then I put it away.  I don't do animals.  I really don't do elephants.

A few hours later I found myself standing in front of some paper thinking about her so I found the photo and pulled it and started a sketch.

I'm thrilled that it actually looks like an elephant.  And it was a peaceful and rewarding painting session, which is the point after all.

Claire took one look and said, 'I want it'.   So it will be framed to hang on her wall soon.  [She's been bugging me to paint a pic of her beloved cat who we lost last fall to cancer.  'If you can paint an elephant, you can paint a tiger.  And if you can paint a tiger, then you can paint Nell.]

#Iloveitwhenmykidslovemywork
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...