Saturday, November 14, 2020

Explorations in Abstract Expressionism

 


©Robin Edmundson, 'Abex #1', watercolor, 10 x 14 inches.  
Unframed.  $250


Some things are just hard to talk about, and that's exactly what is great about 'abstract expressionism'.  It's art for the sake of expression - with no words or realism needed.   

Each piece is devoid of representation - except for what the viewer brings to the experience.  

I approached each of these with a personal idea/theme in mind - and I just let my intuition guide me through the process.   In the end, I learned quite a bit about myself and I find these exercises extremely enlightening.  

As I've shown them to people, the reactions are quite different from what I thought I was expressing and I am delighted at how personal the experience has been for me and for each viewer.  

I used each as an opportunity to explore compositions, intuition, new materials and new colors.  

Here are a few more that I've done lately: 

©Robin Edmundson, 'Abex #2', watercolor, 18 x 24 inches.  
Unframed.  $650


©Robin Edmundson, 'Abex #3', watercolor, 18 x 24 inches.  
Unframed.  $650



©Robin Edmundson, 'Abex #4', watercolor, 18 x 24 inches.  
Unframed.  $650


What have you been doing these days to express the unexpressable? 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...