Last week, I used it to make this lovely minestrone.
I like minestrone. A lot.
The recipe I'm going to give you is not very exact in some places. And it makes a lot. It's OK to be all loosey-goosey with the proportions. It will be delicious anyway.
- 1 onion
- many cloves of garlic
- a couple of tablespoons of oil and/or butter
- 1 quart of tomasqua + 1 pint of tomatoes OR
- 2 cans tomatoes + 1 medium summer squash chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 can garbanzos
- 1 can white beans
- some dried basil
- some dried oregano
- dash pepper
- dash salt
- dash sugar
- You can add carrots if you want to. I always forget.
- It's usually better the next day.