Sunday, July 1, 2012

Blueberry Lime Jam

Our local blueberry crop failed this year due to a late frost.   Not to worry, I bought my blueberries frozen from Sam's and we're filling up the freezer slowly, a few bags at a time, as long as the season lasts.   I used the frozen berries for this year's batch of Blueberry Lime Jam, which was a huge hit with K2 last year and which is quite fabulous on ice cream, if I do say so myself.



Blueberry Lime Jam
  • 5 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
  • 1 cup water
  • zest from 1 lime
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 3 Tablespoons Dutch All Natural Lite pectin
  • 2 cups sugar
Put the berries, water, lime zest, lime juice and pectin in a large pot on.  Heat and stir until it reaches a hard boil.   Boil hard for 1 minute.   Add sugar and return to hard boil.  Stir continuously.   Boil hard for 1 minute.  Ladle into jars.   Process for canning 10 minutes.   Yield 2.5 pints.

Note:   You really do need the lime zest.  I've tried it with and without.  The zest makes a pretty big difference in flavor.  Plus, it's just so pretty.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...