Saturday, December 29, 2012

Euell Gibbons

Yeah, I know it dates me.    Euell used to be a big name way back in the 19.....uh....ahem.

Way back when.

Here's his bio from Wiki.

He wrote a series of back to nature type books called, Stalking the ......  [fill in the blank], plus a couple of others: 

Stalking the Wild Asparagus (1962)
Stalking the Blue-Eyed Scallop (1964)
Stalking the Healthful Herbs (1966)
Stalking the Good Life (1966)
Beachcomber's Handbook (1967)
A Wild Way To Eat (1967) for the Hurricane Island Outward Bound School
Stalking the Faraway Places (1973)

Here's where you can get  his books

I learn a lot every time I pick up one of these books.   They are marvelous collections of lore and how-to.    Look for them - open one up and read through a section.    They're fun!

If you're looking for a gift for someone who's into self sufficiency, I highly recommend these books.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...