Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cozy


So, 'Hygge' is a thing I've been seeing a lot in the past year or so.  It's a Danish word that encompasses all things cozy.  [Go to the link to find out more.]

I am practicing hygge these days.  It's perfect weather for it - ice storms with power outages, bad roads and very cold temperatures to keep us home.  The things I do that cultivate the hygge is to keep fires in the woodstove, quilt on a new quilt, watch the snow swirling, snuggle with warm cups of things, feed the birds and watch them feasting, light candles, make smelly bath salts.  It all adds up to delicious self care and a reminder that abundance is a feeling, not a list of things we own.   That helps me live my best life now.

What are you doing to bring hygge into your life?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...