Thursday, April 25, 2019

More Big Experiments

© Robin Edmundson, 'Red Barn, Lyons, Fall Morning', watercolor, 18 x 24 inches.  Unframed $600.


So here's the thing about watercolor.  Sometimes it does its own thing and the trick is to react in a way that leads you to a successful conclusion, even if that conclusion doesn't match what's in your head. 

This conclusion doesn't match what I was after when I started, but it finished well enough and that works for me.   I'll do another version tomorrow with different light.

We came upon this barn way out near Lyons, Indiana, while we were driving around on our anniversary.   I love the little hollow where the run-off gathers.  Those hills do fun things with light.  I'll be working more with this reference photo.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...