Monday, April 15, 2019

Workshop with Judy Mudd

A couple of weeks ago, I took a workshop on cityscapes with Judy Mudd, who came up from Louisville for the day to teach us a bunch of tips and tricks.   As always, she was friendly and engaging and full of knowledge and encouragement.

This is what I painted that day.  Cities are not my native habitat, so this was an exercise in architecture and in light & shadow.  I'll take what I learned and use it to paint more of my favorite rural subjects.



I had a lot of fun learning how Judy does people and cars and I was happy to be able to practice in this piece.

I've taken workshops with Judy before and as always we had a great time.  If you get a chance to take a class from her, do.   Her 2 or 3 day classes taught in Berea, Kentucky are wonderful!

You can see Judy's award-winning work HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...