Monday, February 10, 2020

More Trees

© Robin Edmundson, 'Trees and Vines', watercolor and ink, 18 x 12 inches.
Framed to 24 x 18 inches.  $450.


There is a group of three sycamore trees just down the way from us.  They're on a creek bank, covered with moss and vines.  I love them. 

After the experimental tree that I shared in my last post, I spent some time thinking about these trees. I painted the piece above thinking mostly about the vines and lines that festoon and crisscross every tree in the woods.  

In the next piece, I focused on the beautiful [and ubiquitous] moss.  Here in southern Indiana, the woods stay damp all year long and the moss thrives.   During the winter months, when the colors of the woods fade to umbers and grays, the moss glows.  



© Robin Edmundson, 'Trees and Moss', watercolor and ink, 18 x 12 inches. 
Framed to 18 x 24 inches.  $450.


The process of working through these tree studies is deeply satisfying.  I can be expressive with my mark making and the lines and I'm learning to let the paint do its thing and work with it instead of trying to control it.

Stay tuned for more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...