Sunday, July 15, 2018

Relationships - Letting Go



This month we're talking about Letting Go.   If you're like me, once you get your fingers in something it's really, really hard to let go.  It comes from a Scarcity Mindset. [I'm working on it.] This is true of Stuff, of Ideas, of Habits and of Relationships.

Relationships.  We have to let go of [release!] relationships that no longer serve us.  These are the relationships with crazymakers, manipulators, two-faced friends & family members, takers, back-stabbers, liars, abusers.  You know who they are.

I think one of the reasons it's hard for me to let go is that I feel pretty unattractive.  So if someone pays the least bit of attention to me, I don't want to let that go because I'm certain no one will ever like me again.   One crappy friend is better than no friends at all, right?  What is totally ridiculous about that idea is that I have a bunch of fabulous friends!   People who know me and love me and who are the best friends ever.  I don't need to keep crappy people around.  You don't either. 

Another reason it's hard for me to let go is that I don't like dramatic confrontations.  But here's the thing - and it's a big thing:  Letting go does not require a confrontation at all.   It just requires Letting Go.  As in, 'Stop hanging onto this.  Open your hand [head & heart] and let it goooooo.'   No phone calls, no checking in, no drive bys, no answering emails, no visits, no responses, no reactions, no facebook, no little favors, no contact.   Delete them, block them, forget them.  Then go out with your true friends and have a great time. 

Some relationships are ugly and sticky.  I don't want to minimize the work it might take to get free of them.  If you're dealing with someone like that, I encourage you with all my heart to get some help dealing with it.  You deserve the support from someone local who knows what they're doing and who can be with you the whole way.   Know that we are here, with you, cheering you on. 

So.   What relationships are keeping you from living your Best Life Now?   Which ones can you begin to let go of today?   If you've got a good story of how you let go of one of these, please share it in the comments. 




I'd like to invite you to join our Best Self facebook group where we can talk freely about becoming our best selves - and all the messy work that entails.  In addition, I have another group, The Well Balanced Artist, for creatives of all kinds and in all stages of their creative lives, who are trying to balance their art, business and personal lives.   


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...